Our Student Interns Are Accepting Clients!
Our student therapists are in the process of completing thier Master’s Degrees in Counselling Psychology. They have years of diverse personal and professional experience, and have the necessary training to meet your therapeutic needs. Our students are currently available to meet with you conveniently online or in person at the office. Day, evening and weekend appoinments are available.
Although you may initially feel somewhat hesitant to receive counselling services from a student therapist, there are actually many benefits of seeing a student. Please review of a few of them:
- Students are supervised regularly by a very experienced psychotherapist which ensures safe and effective delivery of service.
- Students have a thirst for knowledge and will commit to understanding your issues in depth.
- Students have an abundance of enthusiasm and are appreciative of your trust.
- Students have the latest and updated learning which means you are getting a modern therapeutic experience.
- Student therapsits have smaller caseloads which means more individualized attention.
- Student therapsits are affordable.
Our student interns for the 2022-2023 term are Alexia Sgambelluri
and Francoise Jaume Carbone
, both from Yorkville University. Please click on THERAPIST PROFILES
section of the website to learn more about them.
Susan Graham, our Intake Manager, would be happy to discuss the
skills, experience and backgrounds of our student interns with you, or to schedule an appointment with one of them. Susan can be reached by calling (289) 500-8039,
or emailing appointments@NewmarketTherapy.com
Fee for service is $60.00 per hour and you may be submit the expenses for therapy under your extended health benefit plan. Please inquire about sliding scales especially for high school, college and university students.